The following rules apply:
- a reference to the GuideGuideMultifamily Selling and Servicing Guide controlling all Lender and Servicer requirements unless a Lender Contract specifies otherwise.
- update, amendment, restatement, modification, or supplement; and
- referenced exhibits, appendices, or other forms;
- a reference to any PersonPersonLegal person, including an individual, estate, trust, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, financial institution, joint venture, association, or other organization or entity (whether governmental or private). also includes the Person'sPerson'sLegal person, including an individual, estate, trust, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, financial institution, joint venture, association, or other organization or entity (whether governmental or private). successors and assigns;
- a reference to any Loan DocumentLoan DocumentAll executed Fannie Mae-approved documents evidencing, securing, or guaranteeing the Mortgage Loan. , statute, regulation, or standard, also includes all amendments, modifications, or restatements made from time to time; and
- whenever you make a representation “to your knowledge” or “to the best of your knowledge,” you mean the actual state of knowledge of your officers and employees responsible for the underwriting, origination, servicing, or sale of the Mortgage LoanMortgage LoanMortgage debt obligation evidenced, or when made will be evidenced, by the Loan Documents, or a mortgage debt obligation with a Fannie Mae credit enhancement. regarding the matters expressly set forth in the representation, in each case without having conducted any independent inquiry into such matters, and without any obligation to do so (except as expressly set forth herein). All information contained in documents which are part of or required to be part of your Servicing FileServicing FileYour file for each Mortgage Loan serviced. is deemed to be within your knowledge.
Registered and unregistered trademarks can be found on Fannie Mae’s trademarks website. You must include the appropriate trademark symbols when using Fannie Mae’s protected words and phrases, and comply with the instructions on the website.