Guide Update 23-01: Fair Lending
Effective for all Mortgage Loans as of January 19, 2023, Fannie Mae has made changes to the Guide to clarify your obligations under fair lending laws.
- Comply with all fair lending laws prohibiting discrimination based on any prohibited bases.
- Assess risks associated with the Borrower, Guarantor, Key Principals, and Principals that:
- are based solely on credit standards; and
- do not consider or comment on any:
- prohibited bases per any fair lending laws;
- unsupported assumptions; or
- personal opinions.
Please contact the Fannie Mae Deal Team with any questions.