When calculating occupancy, you must only include tenants who
- physically occupy the unit, and
- are paying rent.
You may include any tenant who:
- was under a standard lease for at least 6 months, then converted to a month-to-month lease when the lease expired; or
- is under a lease with a term of less than 6 months, if shorter-term leases
- are commonly accepted in the market area, and
- do not reflect weakness in the market.
You may include non-revenue producing units such as
- management units,
- employee occupied units,
- maintenance units, and
- model units.
Such units should not exceed what is usual and customary for stabilized properties in the market.